My Career project is aimed at promoting career guidance and competitiveness of vulnerable youth, graduates of primary and secondary vocational education institutions, orphans, and disabled youth in the job market. The target group of the project also includes specialists who conduct career guidance courses and promote the employment of graduates, as well as employees of NGOs working with orphans, disabled young people. The project is an experimental site of the Federal Institute for the Development of Education.
Within the project students get access to the internet platform: “My Career” (http://career4me.ru), training courses, and information about 30 professions with video and photographic materials. They develop skills of communication, self-presentation, time schedule, and resume writing. Specialists (teachers and employees of NGOs) are trained to work with the platform, register their groups of students on the platform, and supervise them during their learning.
The course for students consists of eight compulsory and three additional courses and lasts two months. Each course contains materials, mini-tests to prove their knowledge, final tests and assignments that are assessed by the mentors of the platform. A student learns on his own, makes up a resume, which can be posted on the website hh.ru, receives feedback and a certificate based on the results of training. Disabled young people are trained in adapted modules.
Results of the project for 2016-2019
- 12745 young people from 6 regions registered on the My Career Platform during the project and took several courses
- 4272 people completed all courses and made up their resumes, which is about 40% of all registered on the platform
- more than 2050 of them received experience of temporary (internship in the summer) or permanent employment (48%)
- 846 teachers and NGOs staff took part in trainings on My Career Platform
- 258 disabled young people attended the main course for students “My City”
- 97 of them are employed (in Kolomna and in Nizhny Novgorod)
Information on the project http://career4me.ru/