The first part of the continuing education programme “School project office: STEM-technologies
in action” finished yesterday. 40 teachers of mathematics, physics, computer science, biology,
chemistry and geography from schools of Saint-Petersburg and Leningrad Region took part in it.
On the 14th of April participants of the programme mastered STEM-approach in their projects
on the basis of Saint-Petersburg secondary school № 518.
The programme included theoretical lectures and interactive workshops on extracurricular
activities projects. Five visual master-classes from teachers of School №518 were the core of the
• master class “Scale matters” and “Using physiology lab equipment for STEM-projects”
• master class “Using soldering stations and modular board assembly kits for STEMprojects”
• master class “Teach the robot”
• master-class “3d-prototyping and modeling in STEM-projects. VR-equipment and its
• master class “Shooting the science”
Now the programme participants are to use the skills they have acquired during the development
of their own STEM-projects this autumn. They will need to submit their project to a competition
at the end of October for the final assessment. The top five participants will receive funding for